Highlights so far -
- Says Downing Street “don’t want me to be photographed going in the front [door of No 10]“.
- Check out our Storify of some of the top #Leveson tweets today
- Murdoch says he was surprised when Cameron hired Andy Coulson.
- Murdoch talks about Gordon Brown recounts how the former PM said no alternative to make war on your company.”
- Jeremy Hunt makes is statement to the house of commons
- Murdoch talks about his relationship with Tony Blair and New Labour
- Hunt’s adviser Adam Smith resigns.
- Hacking and private investigators are a lazy way of journalists doing his job
- Sadly says he never interfered with the News of the World
- Says The Sun has never been a better newspaper than it is now
- “If you want to judge my thinking look at The Sun.”
- Has never pushed commercial interests in his papers.
- Murdoch wants to put certain myths to bed
- Says “Don’t take my tweets too seriously … “
14:48 – That’s it we’re done for the day and back tomorrow.
14:34 – Jay brings up how Murdoch’s relation with Alex Salmond improved after 2007 after no contact for seven years. From 30 October 2007 there was frequent contact. Rupert Murdoch is a fan of the First minister and SNP leader.
Murdoch says he has a warm relationship with Salmond who he has been in contact with about his Scottish heritage and a “rough, tough” play in New York.
He says that the idea of Scottish independence is “nice” but that he’s “not convinced”. Read more on Live blog – Rupert Murdoch at the Leveson inquiry…